Job Opportunities - General County Departments & Department of Social Services
Thank you for your interest in employment with Henderson County Local Government. Henderson County offers a comprehensive benefits package to its employees that includes medical, dental, retirement savings plans, & tax-free reimbursement accounts.
Henderson County requires that all applicants submit an application. Applications are only accepted for positions in which the County is actively recruiting. Unsolicited applications and/or resumes for other positions will be discarded. The type of application an applicant needs to submit is denoted in the table below. Positions in which the County is recruiting use the County Application. Applicants applying for a position with the Department of Social Services use the PD-107 State Application. Copies of both applications can be obtained at the Henderson County Human Resources Department.
Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, fax (828-698-6184) or e-mail.
Positions in which the County is currently recruting:
- If you are applying for a position with the Department of Social Services, please provide a copy of your college transcript if applicable.
- Resumes may be attached to applications; however, resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Applications must be received by the Human Resources Department no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date. Applications sent by mail must be postmarked by the closing date.
- Accommodation requests must be made to the Human Resources Department at 828-697-4669.
A pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check is required for all final candidates. Henderson County uses E-Verify for verifcation of legal employment eligibility status. Henderson County is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Opportunities - Sheriff's Office
The Sheriff's Office is currently accepting applications for:
- Detention Officers
- Part-time Detention Cooks
For additional inforrmation on position requirements and/or to download a Henderson County Sheriff's Office employment application, click here.